“Every morning starts a new page in your story. Make it a great one today.” – Doe Zantamata
The importance of starting the day – the right way- is essential to our productivity. Highly successful people attribute much of their success to their morning routines. Time is the one thing we can not get back and plays a huge role in productivity levels. Therefore, it crucial for us to incorporate morning routines that will support our personal and professional goals. .
Consider these 7 Tips to Jump Start A Productive Day:
- Plan Ahead – Take the time to pick 5 outfits for the week and have them ironed and prepared just in case something goes wrong.
- Meal Prep – Create a menu for the week and plan your meals. Have your meals prepared and ready to go. This will help maximize your time and will ensure you eat healthier meals that can contribute to a positive mood.
- “The early bird gets the worm” – Those that wake up earlier allot themselves extra time to really “wake up” and get their day going. Try waking up one hour earlier for a week and track the changes.
- Meditate – Spend some time with yourself and mentally prepare for what you have to do for the day. Sometimes it can be difficult to focus in the morning when you know you have an extensive to do list. Try using Apps such as Headspace, to help get your mind focused by using guiding meditation practices. Another great option is to take a piece of paper and write down all of your racing thoughts as soon as you wake up and then move on to the next task. By writing your thoughts down, you are acknowledging your thoughts and giving your mind permission to move on to the next thing. You also can refer back to the paper to help create your must do’s for the day.
- Listen to upbeat music – Studies have shown that listening to upbeat music can improve moods and boost overall happiness. It’s ok to have an early morning dance party. I promise We won’t judge you.
- Read – Take a peek at your Vision Board, read an Excerpt out of your favorite book, or read a Bible Verse. Read something that will ignite your passion and purpose for the day or catch up on what’s happening around the world and read your local neespaper. If you are serving in a specific industry, consider reading a trade journal.
- Exercise – Jump start your day with some cardio to get your blood pumping. Blocking out 15 to 20 minutes for a morning jog or High Intensity Interval Training could give you the extra kick your coffee may not be able to give you.
Many people struggle with their morning routines because they try to do what they think they are supposed to be doing versus what will yield them the best results. If you are a social person, maybe starting the day interacting with your family, your social media platform or a group fitness class may be the best way for you to start your day and then transition into the more focused aspects such as writing down your focus points/goals for the day. Or if you enjoy nature, try practicing your morning yoga in an outdoor space or go for a morning stroll. Also, keep in mind that as you grow personally and professionally your morning routine may change so do not be afraid to shift gears and adjust your routine to your lifestyle. Embrace a routine that is true to who you are in order to get the most out of your day.
Do you have a morning routine tip that you want to share? Comment below